17 March 2009

Happy St. Paddy's....Ya'll!

Erin go Braugh to all my Irish and not so Irish friends and readers! I do hope that you are taking some time today to wear a little green and act a little Irish, even if you're not. I'm not. I'm Italian, English and Scottish, so I pretend. My husband is half Italian and half Irish....I know, I know, a deadly combination...and therefore, my kids are too! We need to go all out for their benefit. I have such fond memories of putting aside all responsibilities and ignoring the phone...unless it was a last minute party invite...and heading out to whoop it up on behalf of St. Patrick. NYC was the only place to be and I've marched in a St. Patty's Day parade or two, whether I was invited or not. And me and my posse did the crawl from one Blarney Stone to the next until we couldn't crawl any longer. Always respectable and never out of order...well, rarely. Not to the degree of being crass or rude. We just had to make sure we had the requisite fun and share the spirit with those around us. Everyone was a buddy on St. Patty's Day. Maybe that's a little idea we should take with us each and every day, not just the sacred holiday of March 17th. Be a friend, wear a smile and open yourself up to new adventures. Live your life fully and with verve. If you can only afford to do it on St. Patty's because on all the other days of the year you need to be buttoned up, that'll work for now. Enjoy! Top o' the Mornin' to ya! "May those who love us, love us. And those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts; And if he doesn't turn their hearts, May he turn their ankles. So we'll know them by their limping!" Thanks for reading, Miriam

No comments: