09 November 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away....I've personally had enough, if anyone cares!

Rain, Rain, Go Away....and I don't really care if it comes back another day!!! I can't believe how much precipitation has been dumped on our heads this past month! It was a pretty soggy summer too but come on now?! Rain is good. We all know the benefits of what a good soaking can do, and I truly doubt we'll be in a drought situation next spring because our reservoirs have got to be brimming over like an unattended baby pool! I'm just saying, the wet dog, the muddy feet, the frizzy do! I can't take it anymore. I have been hoping for snow...which I really can't seem to tolerate more than a dusting of as of late...just so it's less messy to get around. Too many fall sporting games have been cancelled to ever try to reschedule. I can't remember the last time I washed my car! I mean, ya know, with real soap and all. Grungy liquid from the polluted sky has had to suffice. The only benefit I can see is that I did manage to get a few extra winter chores accomplished at home that I usually wouldn't have tackled until later in the year. My holiday cards are ordered, the kids playroom is sorted and organized and so is my cedar closet. Don't look in my back yard because fall cleanup has yet to be completed although I could probably pull an entire shrub out with my bare hands, the soil is so soft and pliable. My children have benefited a little from the foul weather. Less play outdoors and more time dedicated to studying and reading. What else is there for them to do? When you can get your kids to voluntarily study? Then let it rain! While it does have it's drawbacks, I'll try to remember that after the the rain comes the sun and along with it, renewal. Springtime rains bring new growth, fragrant blossoms and perfect beauty so I'll try not to complain too much. At the pace this fall is going spring is just moments away. However, for now, look indoors and find a couple of things you can chalk off your to-do list! I don't think we've seen the last of it yet! Thanks for reading! Miriam

No comments: