20 January 2009

This is the Day to Do Something

I pledge to do my part. I did not vote for Mr. Obama, soon to be President Obama in a matter of a couple of hours. I see his vision and in my heart hope that we can all come together as a country and pledge to do our part. I pledge to be a better mother, better teacher to my children and a better wife. I pledge to take the time to listen. I pledge to be better at recycling and even more ecoconscious and remind my children to do the same. I pledge to be more active in my community and when I am called to vote I will learn the facts and cast an informed vote to help bring about the change I want to see. I can't wait to see what the next couple of years bring for us all. Here are a few things that you can look into to do your part. * Go to: usa.service.org to learn what you can do to be of service to your community. * Visit www.mlk365.us to continue the goal of service every day not just on Martin Luther King Day. * Take the Presidential Pledge for change with Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. Visit www.myspace.com/presidentialpledge and join the rest of our country in striving to help make the change. One man cannot make the change, but he can inspire all of us to do something towards that goal. I am inspired and excited for our future! God Bless America! Miriam

No comments: