23 March 2010

Welcoming Springtime Your Own Way~

Sometimes it's just OK to pass the buck for another day. Or two...or three! Wow, have we been blessed the past few days with incredible summer-like weather here or what? Laundry? What's that? Do ya need fresh towels? Who cares! It'll wait. I want to enjoy this incredible outdoors while I can! Daylight savings time is here and the days are longer and the warmth and sun are so welcomed after the miserable record breaking snowfall of the winter of '09-'10. Granted, it was enchanting as it accumulated but we did truly get our share and that of a few other neighboring states. Like 75" of the white stuff? So when the sun shone down with temps of 74 degrees I abandoned all responsibilities beckoning me, well...maybe not all..and reveled in it to the utmost. I hope you did too! No, I didn't slave in the garden and mulch laboriously. There's plenty of time for that. I did walk, bike, blade, board, shop, catch, hit, throw, cradle..and well, you get the picture. Lots of activity! It was invigorating, joyful and extremely relaxing. I knew it was a temporary situation and that we'd be back to the wet and dreary March weather so I had no stresses or anxiety about shirking my responsibilities for a while. I hope you were able to do the same just a little bit. Give yourself permission once in a while to totally live in the moment. "IN" being your key word. Relish it and look for it often. Thanks for reading! Miriam

No comments: