07 September 2009

Let's Hit the Mall....Denim Fever

The kids got back on the bus last week for yet another year of books and learnin'. The weather is still delightful but along with the sounds of the bus braking at the corner I get a sense of the pending weather change. My mind turns to the mall and shopping for some new duds! What connotes a relaxed and stressfree attitude more than some new denim for fall! Everyone loves denim. I've been a jeans gal all my life. I was built for them before they were $200 a pair custom designer duds. I was a Levis girl and today I'm an almost anything goes girl! Still love my jeans! While visiting the website of one of my favorite magazines not long ago, www.more.com, I found a great article chock full of ideas that I thought I'd pass along to you. It pertains to just this little fall project, denim shopping. There were many wonderful options for women, specifically selected for forty plus. Now, if you're not yet there, that's ok, these styles are not your grammies jeans; no offense to mailorder. These styles are to die for!My favs have to be one pair that I already own, the J. Crew Boyfriends @ $108! So comfy and cool looking. CJ by Cookie Johnson at $196 are cropped and cuffed for dressing up or down and terrific for right now. For some bargains you can't ignore in your wardrobe Old Navy offers quite a selection this fall, as does Gap, in every cut and style you can imagine. Featured in this layout were a pair of Old Navy drawstring. A little too retro for you? That's ok, but I think everyone needs one pair of "let it be" jeans for those particular days when you just can't bear to be all tucked in! Let's face it we all have them. We will at times become victims to fashion instead of succumbing to comfort. These are for those days when we just can't any longer...and so cool! Gap's Boyfriend jeans will do the same thing; relaxed, slouchy but a little more definition. I own both! Tory Burch offers a really sharp pair of wide legs for dressing it up with platform pumps and probably would meet the requirements of Friday dressdown to after hour work days. So chic! Of course, there's always the trendsetters such as David Kahn, Paige Premium Denim, 7 for All Mankind, Rock n' Republic and the like. Joe Jeans have a style and shape to fit every figure with cute sassy monikers and you can't go wrong with Not Your Mother's Jeans if you happen to be trying to widen the gap between your closet and your teenagers'! So happy shopping; just remember to take a couple things with you, a good attitude and a large bottle of water, jean shopping is a marathon when you have such vast selections! Thanks for reading! Miriam

No comments: