23 September 2009

Mother's Theresa' Inspiration for All

A friend of mine shared this inspiration with me a while back. I know I've layed eyes on it before but it has never resonated with me quite as much as it did this time around. The verse, originally penned by Dr. Kent M. Keith, is titled "The Paradoxical Commandments". Mother Theresa's adaptation was found written on the wall in her home for children in Calcutta. She was an amazing and saintly woman that I was in awe of as I watched her selflessly work for her God and all people. I feel good sharing this with you as I believe it to be a perfect starting point for my journey forward and something my children should learn to understand early. It's taped to my kitchen cabinet and maybe you'd like to do the same. Enjoy and be inspired! The Paradoxical Commandments-Mother Theresa "People are often unreasonable, irrational and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfathful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway. What you spend years creating, others could detroy overnight. Create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today will often be forgotten. Do good anyway. Give the best you have and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway." Thanks for reading! Miriam

No comments: