11 September 2008

A solemn day

Please take a moment today to pause and reflect on the meaning of this date that will never again be just another day. The images of that morning, so puzzling and bizarre are burned into my memory forever. I know exactly where I was on that morning when I saw the first image of devastation occurring. The sheer pain and fear resurface instantly and I am one who's life was not instantly altered by the loss of a loved one. My City was invaded by evil and I take it very personally. Our Country was invaded and I take it very personally. I pray for those who lost their lives and have a swell of pride when I think of Father Michael and the NYFD members who bravely walked into the towers to selflessly save lives. My favorite skyline has been changed forever. Always remember.

No comments: