19 September 2008

Women must be girlfriends...

There is something to be said for girlfriends, hot java and a sunny fall morning. The day lay ahead to do with what I wanted and what I wanted to do was spend it with some of my great girlfriends. We met at 9ish...or 10ish, didn't matter. The teapot steeped and the conversation flowed with the coffee, as one by one we joined in on the chatter of life as it is. We had all placed our newly filled calendars aside once getting the children on their respective school buses to be together. We gathered from different angles, post workout, post business meeting, pre-doctors' appointment and left it there to catch up. What we found we shared in this short time was worth a days' web surfing, for sure. We learned a new recipe, found a great place to shop for an awesome new outfit and even filled a last minute birthday gift request! We reviewed the latest diet and it's success rate, challenged the new political candidates and certainly learned a few new methods for instilling self reliance in the kids. I'm pretty sure we even rallied a new tennis game or two! I know that with this short flash of time in a mishmash of days that seem to flow together in a blur, that these moments are cherished by all of us. They are flickers of our youth, confirmation of our wisdom and a bonding that only we women can share in a 60 minute respite. With all that we do each and every day to make it good at our homes for all that live there, we must continue to bond together, nurture and encourage each other with all that we are and all that we want to become. I know I wouldn't be who I am today without the love, support and constant lifting up I receive from my girl friends and all the amazing women in my life. I just had to take a moment to tell them that! Be sure to do the same. Thanks for reading, XO Miriam

No comments: